The local country radio station does a contest every year called the Showdown. You have to send in a CD and they listen to them and pick the top 25. If you are picked you go to the Showdown. It's a live show and the contestants all sing their songs. Then the judges pick a winner. The winner goes to a state wide competition, and so on and so forth. With the encouragement of a friend who did it last year, and my husband, I submitted a CD. I got the letter back last week that said I made it to the Showdown! It's not till June 19 so I have a little time to practice and really get my song down good. Anyway we are pretty excited so I just thought I would pass it along.
This is me trying to sing to Kelly at our wedding.
It didn't turn out so well.
I made it through the first line of the song. Then came the waterworks. Hopefully that doesn't happen at the Showdown. 
It didn't turn out so well.
I made it through the first line of the song. Then came the waterworks. Hopefully that doesn't happen at the Showdown. 
10 comments:
That's super exciting! Practice hard and you'll do great!
Oh my gosh Jesse! I am so proud of you!! Yea!! I will be home to hear you! Where is it? What are you singing? Oh I can't wait!
It's June 19 at the Shilo Inn. I'm singing Blue - Leann Rimes
That is so cool. I am on the bottom of the list of "others" in our family. I don't even sing at karaoke, but I am so excited for you!
Congrats!!!!
I wish I had one tenth of your family's talent.
Jesse, is there anything you're not good at?
I am so proud of you!!! I am not a great soloist and can't sing karaoke to save my life so my hat's off to you! (Or it would be if I wore a hat)
We all know you'll do great.
That is a beautiful wedding dress!
Hey Jesse- Long time no see! Sounds like you are doing great! Where are you living? You look gorgeous! I love the long and dark hair! So did I read that you were in Leadore for a while? I've been there many of times. Pretty place. I coached Volleyball for Clark County and Leadore was in our district. Good Luck with the singing! That's great! I remember you do have a great voice!
I just wanted to say that that 2nd picture of you totally made me cry! It's so sweet. Good luck on the Showdown!
Post a Comment