Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The House


Yes we have finally unpacked all the boxes. Most of the pictures are up. There are still a few things that need some work. I haven't quite figured out what to put on my plant shelf in living room. Also we don't have a yard yet. We are still excited, it's nice to have our own home. It's 1500 sq ft. upstairs with a full basement. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs and a large family room downstairs that we finished. The family room has Kelly's poker room on one end of it. Unfinished downstairs there is 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and a good sized storage room. Also we have a 3 car garage. That's Kelly's favorite part. Here are some pictures. Some of them aren't very good, sorry. Ok they should go in this order. The front of the house and then the living room. The dining room and kitchen. I got a new dining room table, and I absolutely love having a pantry. Then there is my plant shelf on top of my pantry. It looks better in real life. I think it's darling and I can't wait to get a few more things up there. Off to the left of the dining room there is a door that goes out on the deck. Yes the deck is small, but not as small as it looks in the picture. The picture really makes it look worse. Here is my laundry room. It comes in from the garage and then you go into the dining room. I love having a place out of the living room for muddy boots, I can just shut the door. Also the hanging rod totally rocks. Next is the hallway. You can see the vaulted ceiling good in this picture. I have some more stuff on the walls now, and Kelly can't wait to mount his elk right there in the center. If you go down the hall to your right there is bedroom, bathroom, and bedroom. At the end of the hall is a closet and to the left is the master bedroom. So here is the first room. It is painted a shade of green. I love it. Next is the hall bath. The the other room that we use as an office. On to the master bedroom. I can't get a very good picture but it is a little larger than it looks here. Behind the crown molding up by the ceiling we have rope lights which are fun. Then there is the master bath. I even have the light above the jetted tub on a dimmer switch so I can turn it down low when I want to soak. I don't really ever have time for that but it sounds nice. Downstairs we have the main living room, from the second angle you can see the poker room in the back. Also you can see part of my new couch. We had to get new furniture because our old house was so small we didn't have enough to fill this one. Now this is the famous poker room/trophy room. I love the red, I think it turned out great. We are going to get some shelves so that Kelly can put up most of his buckles he's won. Someday we will get Kelly a nice poker table, but that is on the list behind the yard and a lot of other things. Right now he just uses the free table and chairs we had in our old house. Now you know why I got a new set for upstairs. Last but not least here is our garage. Our old house was small enough that the whole thing could fit in our garage. Well that's the house. Before anyone asks, because it seems to be the first thing out of everyone's mouth, yes we will have kids to fill it some day, we just want to enjoy our house right now so they won't be coming for a while.

6 comments:

Kelly and Jesse said...

Heidi it is so good to hear from you. I hope thing are going well. Keep leaving comments I would love to hear from you

Cathy Shields said...

It is a great house Jesse! I bet you are beside yourselves! I also love my mud room, and I have a hanging rod in the utility room too. I don't know what I would do without it.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I love it Jesse!!! I can't wait to come and visit. I am so happy for you two!

Jessica said...

I'm super jealous! Your house is really cute, we can't wait to come see it in person! I love your little disclaimer at the end of your post!!! Babies someday is good.

Cali and Travis said...

Gideon loves visiting Aunt Jesse in her new house!

Rawlins Round-up said...

yah because your house sucks j just kidding /Kim