Sunday, January 9, 2011
Holiday Fun!!
We have been so blessed and had such an awesome holiday. Christmas was great this year, as usual. It was pretty low key. We just spent time with the families, but that's how we like it. Christmas Eve we went to mom and dad's and celebrated mom's birthday. Then we went caroling and ended up at Kelly's family party.
Christmas morning we opened presents from each other at home, and then went back up to dad and mom's to open presents with them, Cali, Travis, the babies, Hillary, Jake, and Ricky. I got spoiled this year, I got everything I asked for.
ChiChi and Lola even got something.
ChiChi's little boots don't fit. To bad, they would be cute. Kelly asked for an underwater fishing camera. When we opened presents at home it wasn't there so he didn't think he was getting it. Low and behold it was at mom and dad's.
He was totally surprised.
Kelly and I got Gideon a cowboy hat for Christmas. (He's really into Woody from Toy Story.)
Despite the feet of snow outside he did not feel the need to wear clothes, until his mom told him he had to have pj's on to open presents.
After presents and breakfast we went to the inlaw's. I don't have any pictures from there, but it was just as much fun. We had dinner, played games, and opened more presents. It was nice to have family in town, and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had a blast over the New Year weekend as well. They opened Henry's Lake in Island Park for ice fishing on Jan. 1st only. One of our friend's family has a beautiful cabin up there right on the lake. This is a view from the deck. There is a little pond and then the lake behind it. It isn't very far, but we still had some snow machines to help us haul stuff down.
About 10 of us went up on Fri. and stayed until Sunday. It was gorgeous up there. We had so much fun. We played cards Fri. night until midnight and then, despite the -22 degrees outside, we went outside and started fishing. I didn't stay out there very long and then I came in to get some sleep. Kelly on the other hand stayed out there all night.
He literally didn't go to bed. We fished all day on Sat.
It was actually quite warm inside the ice huts. We had big propane heaters going.
Kelly's camera he got for Christmas worked really well, it was neat to watch when the fish swam by. We came home with a couple of nice fish YUM!!
Now everything is back to normal, and we are excited to see what 2011 will bring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks great! Those fish are nice! The other day Davy came up to me with great excitement and said, "Mom! I think that the fish are swimming under the water. If we break a hole in the ice we could catch some!" He thought he had just invented ice fishing. When I told him that he was right and that people do that all the time he said, "Let's grab our fishing poles and go now!" I guess he doesn't know me very well. LOL!
I'm so glad that you stopped by and visited on Christmas. It's always great to see you. Love you lots! And best wishes for the new year!
I still want to go ice fishing.
Love the picture of you with your gun and pink case. It is sooooo Jesse! Kelly's fish look great! When's dinner?
Post a Comment