Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tyree Kay !!

Finally!!! Sorry it has taken so long. Yes, she is finally here. Tyree Kay Crystal was born Sept 18, 2011 at 2:58 p.m. 8 lbs 21 in. So here's the story. I went into the Dr. for my appt. on Tues Sept. 13. At that point I was a week overdue, and I was not dialated or effacing. He told me they would start me on Sat. So, Saturday evening at 6 we checked into the hospital. The plan was to start me on cervidil, and you stay on it overnight. It is supposed to help you efface and then the next morning they would start me on the pitossan to get my contractions going. They got me started on the cervidil about 6:30, and it must have worked well because my water broke at 11 p.m. I wasn't really having any major contractions, but as soon as my water broke they started coming 5 min apart. At that point things started moving along pretty good. I got my epidural at 2:30 a.m. and I was at 4 centimeters. It was nice because I was able to get some sleep, but it did slow me down a little. They went ahead and started me on pit around 8:30 a.m. The rest of the morning we just waited and slept off and on. Finally at 2:30 p.m. they told me I could push and she was born at 2:58. It was a great experience and everything went well. Kelly was awesome. I could not ask for a better, more supportive husband. She was a healthy 8 lbs 21 inches. I'm still wondering how she fit in my belly. We got to come home Mon. evening and we have spent the rest of the week just trying to get in a routine. She is a good baby, and it has been fun. She definitely looks like her dad. We have had lots of visitors, and we really appreciate everyone who has helped out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I had the same thought when I saw the picture of her on the scale, "How did that baby fit inside Jesse Kay"? It truly is amazing.

Cali and Travis said...

I so can't wait to smunch on her again!

Jessica said...

Congrats to the new mommy & daddy! Your lives will get better with each passing day. Soak up every blissful moment of the newborn stage while you can, it goes by way too fast!
Tyree is such a sweet baby and oh, so chunky! LOVE IT! :)

Nikki said...

Ohhh my she is a DOLL! I was wondering the very same thing on how that chunky monkey fit inside your tiny little body?? Congrats you guys and whenever is good for you we would love to come see her.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I miss my little Tyree. I can't wait to "smunch" on her again. Love you!