Saturday, March 15, 2008

Name trouble

I don't really have anything to write about, and I'm still trying to figure this thing out. It dawned on me that some people might stumble on to this blog who don't know us from Adam. So for those people lets set the record straight. My husband is Kelly and I am Jesse (with no "i"). So on occasion my husband gets things in the mail for Ms. Kelly Crystal. Although I don't think he got near as many things growing up as I did for Mr. Jesse. Especially once I hit 16. I was always getting male razors or army stuff. The razors actually came in handy.
Now that we are together the problem still persists. When we go somewhere and they look at our names they usually say "Sorry but I have to ask.." and before they can finish Kelly says "I'm Kelly she's Jesse." Even at the ticket counter at the Hawaii airport they lady giggled. When we asked what, she said "Your names are backwards. You don't see that very often."
The name trouble comes with the last name too. My maiden name is Cunningham, which is fairly common and simple. It's just a mile long and never fits on the little lines they give you. With my marriage came a cute, short last name. Nevertheless I have found that when I go somewhere and they ask for my last name, it takes about three times before I convince them that I'm not an idiot, and Crystal IS my last name. Obviously my husband does not have this issue. I've learned to start with my last name is, and my first name is.
Anyway I wouldn't trade my name for anything it makes me who I am, and I know my husband feels the same. It still gives me a giggle every time someone asks.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Crystal,
I love your new blog! It's so cute!
I'm linking you up to my blog and I'll be checking back frequently! (What else do I have to do all day?!)
Love ya!

Guffey Family said...

Yeah!!!! Good to see you out here online! can't wait to see what else you put up!

Cathy Shields said...

Great to see you have a Blog. I have really enjoyed reading them and keeping in touch. I never realized the name thing since I have always known you as Jesse so it never dawned on me you would have a problem. Also I know more guys with the Kelly name. Congrats on your marriage girl. Your wedding pic on this blog is so beautiful!

Kelly and Jesse said...

Shiloh don't give me a hard time. Your blog realy needs updated

leschornmom said...

Jesse -

To me you'll always be the little girl who I picked up from school for your mom.

I'm thrilled to see you online, ranching life must be awesome. I would love the opportunity to get away from the computer screen and get out there, living off the land.

Best wishes to you and your husband.

John

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Jesse Bessie,
I always intended to use your middle name when I named you. And most of your Aunts and Uncles still call you Jesse Kay But with the family you will always be our "Bessie Boodle".... with an i. I have decided that I can't call your husband "Kelly Bellie" though. It just doesn't work with the cowboy/bullrider persona. ;-)

William said...

Welcome to the online Comunity!

Cali and Travis said...

Jesse I had absolutely no idea you were so entertaining when you write. I'm already well acquainted with your "name game" woes, but I very much enjoyed reading about it. Keep up the good work.