We have local magazine called Idaho Falls Magazine (go figure). Every year they do an amateur photo contest. This year I decided to enter some of my photos, and one my mother in law took a few years back (I've been looking for a contest to enter it in). There are 6 categories and you can enter 3 pics in each. They only pick 4 in each category to make it in the magazine and get the prizes. I entered in 5 of the categories, however none of my pictures got selected. I think the magazine said there were over 4,000 entries. They do have what they call the editors pick, which is 20 that the judges didn't select for prizes, but that the editor liked and thought they should be recognized so they get published in the magazine as well. No I didn't make it in that either, however my mother in-law's picture did. We were excited, it's the picture that sparked the whole thing anyway. You can read the magazine online at idahofallsmagazine.com and see the pictures that won. I thought I would go ahead and share the pictures I entered, and a few extra I love. I have a whole bunch, but there's just not enough room. It was so hard for me to narrow them down.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
Jesse these are beautiful! You really have a great eye. And I'm so happy for Joliene! That's very exciting!
I love that picture of Kelly and Tyree. Congratulations Joliene. And Jesse, you are a wonderful photographer! You should make a book out of your Idaho photos. The one of Kelly on the rock is stunning. Keep entering contests, don't ever give up!
Theses are stunning! If you didn't have to be in them I would ask you to do the family reunion pictures!
Wow very talented with taking pictures! Congratulations having a picture being chosen. Love all these pictures! Very well done!
Post a Comment